Welcome to Vida, the platform that allows people looking for care services (Clients) to be matched with suitable carers (Carers) and choose whether to engage their services.
This is the privacy and cookies policy for vida.co.uk (the Site). The Site is operated by Digital Home Visits Ltd (Vida, Vida Care, we, us or our), with registered company number 09975979.
We do not provide care services ourselves, nor are we acting as an agent or intermediary to any Client or Carer (other than as an agent for Carers to receive Clients’ payments via our payment solutions provider). Any care services Carers agree to provide are provided directly by Carers to the relevant Clients, and not by or through us. As such, for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998:
- we are the data controller only in respect of processing your registration details, and the details we collect about you through our needs assessors and feedback (about clients and carers), and for operating the Site (including facilitating introductions to Carers, making bookings and processing feedback); and
- the Carers are data controllers in respect of the care services themselves. We are not responsible for their use of your data.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
In addition to this Privacy and Cookies Policy, the following additional terms also apply to your use of our Platform:
- if you are a Client, our Client Terms; and
- if you are a Carer, our Carer Terms; and
- any additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link
Information we may collect from you
For Clients: We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide on registration and through a needs assessment with one of our needs assessors, including:
- your name, home address, email address and phone number(s);
- the type of care required;
- details of who the care is for (if not you)
- payment information
- any other information we think we should know or which is reasonably requested by us;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details; and
- communications you send to us including all feedback about Carers;
- feedback received about you from Carers;
- arrival and departure time of Carers using the QR checkin / checkout functionality;
- a photograph of yourself; and
- relevant medical conditions.
For Carers: We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide on registration and through any checks we may make about you and your experience and qualifications:
- your name, home address, email address and phone number(s);
- the type of care services you offer;
- your CV including details of your professional history, experience and qualifications;
- the geographical areas in which you will provide services at Client’s homes;
- your preferred working times
- photograph(s) you provide;
- your insurance cover;
- your UK bank details;
- details of your right to work in the UK; and
- checkin and checkout information indicating arrival and departure from bookings]
- any other information you think we should know or which is reasonably requested by us.
- communications you send to us including all feedback about Clients; and
- feedback received about you from Clients.
We may perform the following checks about you with the following people / bodies:
- Checking with two referees you provide details of; and
- Right to Work checks, ID checks, and enhanced DBS (including checking adult barring lists) all with referencing agencies.
When you visit the Site, we may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device. See “Cookies and other technologies” below for more information.
We track your travel between appointments using our App. This is for the purposes of recording your mileage so that we may pay you. You hereby consent to such use of your location data and acknowledge that if you disable this function on your device we are not able to verify your mileage.
Cookies and other technologies
When visit the Site, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the content of the pages of the Site; and
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site and which functions of the App are most popular with users.
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser or device settings to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
|Type of Cookies
||Description and Further information
||Source of cookies
||These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information, relevant job postings, pay slips etc. and to enable you to edit your account setting
||First Party cookies placed by us.
|Security and Site Integrity Cookies
||We use these cookies to support or enable security features to help keep gig safe and secure. For example, they enable us to remember when you are logged into a secure area of the Services and help protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you.
||First Party cookies placed by us.
|Features and Services
||First Party cookies placed by us. Third party cookies placed by:
Facebook (please visit here for more information and to see the choices you have)
Google please visithere for more information or here to opt out
Instagram (please see here for more information.
Twitter please see here for more information.
|Analytics and research
||Third party cookies placed by:
Google please see for more information or hereto opt out
Uses made of your information
We use your personal information which we collect to:
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- to resolve or troubleshoot any problems
- administer your account with us;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users; and
- identify visitors or users of the Site.
You can tell us not to contact you with marketing information regarding our products and services, either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the Contacting us details at the end of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Please note that where you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you service communications about your use of the Site and the related services you have requested from us.
Where you register as a Carer your personal information which we collect will be used to:
- carry out the checks described above;
- assist you in using the Site;
- assess feedback about you;
- match you to suitable Clients and make and process bookings; and
- enable you to be paid by Clients for your services.
Where you register as a Client your personal information which we collect will be used to:
- assist you with assessing your care needs;
- matching you with suitable Carers to offer, and making and processing bookings;
- assessing your feedback; and
- enabling you to pay Carers for care services.
Clients are able to give feedback on Carers to us. Such feedback will be kept confidential, and only used by us (but shared with the relevant Carers as necessary).
Potential Clients selected by us will be given your name, qualifications and ratings.
Potential Carers selected by us will be given the Client’s gender and location (post code only).
Other information sharing:
We share your information with various technology providers and other suppliers who assist us in running the platform and taking payments.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics
will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents, third party service providers or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, regulations, the order of a court or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may include links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy and cookie policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Your personal information which we collect is stored by us on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Personal information may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see “Information sharing”), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By using the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.